TUG OF WAR
- Tug Of War is a game of relative strength.
- This version is two people pulling against each other rather than using a rope.
- Stand to face each other, one foot behind the other, feet spaced slightly apart in a balanced stance.
- Each person extends one arm.
- Use a “buddy” grip this means gripping each other’s forearm (like an ancient Roman’s handshake) or an arm-wrestle grip.
- Pull against each other until one person moves a certain distance in one direction against the force of the opposing person’s pull.
This is an example of rough and tumble play or roughhousing - give the Primal Play Shoulder Barge a try too.