It’s not often I’m in a gym but this is one of my favourite pieces of equipment - a treadmill with the motor off! I call these treadmill drivers - as it feels like you are at the start of a bobsleigh run and the belt moves only if you do! This is also referred to as a Deadmill.
Here are a few pointers:
- Make sure the treadmill is off, for obvious reasons.
- Make sure the treadmill has handles that allow you to push forward.
- Push into the handles, start a slow run and build up the pace.
- Work up to a full all-out sprint on the balls of your feet as if accelerating for a bobsleigh run.
- A full-on push and sprint will usually last 10-15 seconds or so max!